Welcome for the last four ‘…ember’ months of the year – months of total restoration! After praying for the last 31 days that His Kingdom Come, He now mandates everyone to exercise His dominion mandate to “have what God said you can have and be what God said you can be”. We are entering what the Bible calls the fullness of time, and much is at stake. God is positioning us to advance His kingdom into every realm held captive by the enemies. It is a full frontal, all out, now or never battle and victory is guaranteed!
When God created man, He gave man dominion over everything on earth (Gen. 1:26-28). Unfortunately, Adam fell out of favor and dominion when he disobeyed God. Christ Jesus is the perfect example of God’s dominion restored onto humanity. When Jesus wanted to pay the temple tax, He only needed to command a fish to bring the money (Matt. 17:24-27). When Jesus was in the boat with the disciples and there was storm, he spoke to the storm and it obeyed him. I prophesy peace be still in your lives in the name of Jesus Christ, the name that is above all names (Mk. 4:35-41). Every sick person who came to Him went away healed. The lame walked, the blind saw, the dead came back to life because He had dominion over death!
To be successful in this commission, we must understand fully our authority in Christ- what some call “Kingdom authority” or “the dominion mandate”. We must exercise dominion over sin (Rom. 6:14), fear (1 Jn. 1:7), the world (1 Jn. 5:4-5), worries and anxieties (Phil 4:6-7), demons (Eph. 6:10-12), thoughts and imaginations (2 Cor. 10:3-5), failures and setbacks (Micah 7:8), etc.
You must know exactly what Jesus Christ’s power is and take dominion of the power He has given the church. Here are the principles outlined for you in the acronym: D. O. M. I. N. I. O. N.
D = Discover Your Source Of Dominion. We must understand the exceedingly great power we have through Jesus Christ. Jesus took the dominion from Satan, turned and gave the keys to the church (Matt. 16:18). We are a people of dominion.
O = Obtain Knowledge on the Effective Use of Your Weapons. Just as the conflict is spiritual, so are our weapons (2 Cor 10: 3). Everyone that is going to walk in dominion must value PRAYER, LOVE RIGHTEOUSNESS and the WORD. Hide the Word in your heart, so that when an attack comes you can use that double-edged sword (Eph. 6:17, Heb. 1:9).
M = Maintain Your Relationship With The Body Of Christ. Christ’s body is a living, moving entity. Stay close to the church (Colossians 1:18). We are in Him and He is in us. We’re in the world but not of this world (Eph. 2:5).
I = Identify Your Enemy. How can you win a battle if you don’t know who you are fighting? Identity begins with knowing who you are and whose you are in Christ. This gives security and confidence to fight the enemy is his territory (Acts 19:15).
N = Never Be Unprepared. Don’t ever let your guard down (2 Cor. 2:11). You’re devil-proof by the blood of Jesus, so hold on to your weapons and never lay them down. Never take your eyes off Jesus (Heb. 12:2).
I = Imbibe The Spirit of Praise. Learn how to use the weapon of praise. Punish the devil with your praise. God inhabits the praises of His people, so the devil cannot stand where He is being praised (Acts 16:25; Psa. 67:5-7).
O = Obey The Lord Always. Complete obedience to God is one of the keys to a life of dominion. We are ready to punish all disobedience only when our own obedience is perfect (2 Cor 10: 5-6). Saul lost dominion because of his disobedience, and he was described as a rebellious person (1 Sam 15:11–23).
N = Never Share of His Glory. God wants us to return all the glory back unto Him alone (1 Cor. 1:29). Sharing of His glory will amount to pride on our own part. God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble (1 Pet. 5:5).
When God sends a word, it is like a seed which should be nurtured until it fruits, else it will dry up and die. “And stay ye not, but pursue after your enemies, and smite the hindmost of them; suffer them not to enter into their cities: for the LORD your God had delivered them into your hand” (Jos. 10:19). The prophetic instruction that the soldiers should pursue their enemies not only spelt haste, it also implied a time-frame. The armies of God could not have afforded to wait all day before they started to pursue; the enemies would have escaped and the promise could have expired. They had to act, they had to pursue, and they had to be fast. Patience is a virtue, but procrastination should not be mistaken for it. Delay could be disastrous when it comes to pursuing one’s enemies and taking back what is ours. There are prophecies one cannot afford to “stay,” otherwise they lose their relevance. Delay is dangerous when God says, “It’s time to exercise the dominion mandate”.
This is a call upon you and I to rise above mediocrity, sickness, poverty, sin, shame, etc. and exercise our dominion mandate; we must bring honor, glory and harvest to His kingdom. Enjoy that right and dominate in the name of Jesus. As we move into our positions as righteous sons and daughters, we shall establish the dominion mandate everywhere we go in Jesus’ name! “Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father” (Matt. 13:43, NIV).
- Begin to sing Hallelujah to the Lord of lords & King of kings. The 24 Elders fall before Him saying ‘Amen, Blessing, Glory, Wisdom, Thanksgiving, Honor, Power and Might be unto our God forever and ever; Amen’ (Rev. 7:12).
- Plead the Blood of Jesus for cleansing, sanctification and to overcome Satan and his demons. (Rev. 12:11).
- Today, I receive fresh oil (Psa. 92:10) on my head and fresh fire on my altar of prayer in the name of Jesus.
- O enemies, I pursue you this day by prayers, by fasting, by the Word, and by a life of righteousness. I cut off all your escape routes, and I begin to smite you, in Jesus’ name (Psa. 18:37-40).
- By the Holy Spirit, I demolish every work of the flesh in my life. I receive the grace for perfect obedience to my Commander in Chief, in Jesus’ name! I receive the power to say NO to sin and everything ungodly in Jesus’ name!
- Father, I decree by Your authority, and by the power in the name of Jesus, that all of my inheritance that has gone into the hands of the devil be returned to me NOW in Jesus’ name. I will rule and reign in my domain in Jesus’ name (Deut. 2:24)!
- Father, make me a channel of blessings to my generation in Jesus’ name.
- Thank Him for answered prayers. From today l will begin to exercise dominion in every area of my life, by the authority in name of Jesus. Thank you, Jesus!