“When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceedingly great joy” (Matthew 2:10, NKJV)
Ever wonder why educated men would drop everything to follow a star for hundreds of miles and for months? You’re not alone; there’s been a lot of speculation about the STAR. Think what it represents:
- HOPE: Listen, “God loved us, and through His grace He gave us a good hope and encouragement that continues forever.” (2 Thessalonians 2:17 NCV). Hope for all eternity; what a gift. This star didn’t merely lead the wise men to the fulfillment of their expectations; it points each of us to the only hope of salvation – Jesus.
- JOY: The Bible says, “When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceedingly great joy” (Matthew 2:10 NKJV). Why? It is because Jesus is the source of transcendent joy; the kind that lift us above our circumstances and makes others think, “Whatever you’ve got, I need it!”
- GUIDANCE: The STAR united shepherds and philosophers, rich and poor, intellectual and illiterate around Jesus – heaven’s answer to earth’s dilemma. Notice that after the wise men worshipped Him and laid their treasures at His feet, the Bible says, “They departed into their own country another way” (Matthew 2:12). Understand this: It’s impossible to meet Jesus and go home the same way! “If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature; old things are passed away, behold, all things are become new” (2 Corinthians 5:17).
So, when anybody asks you, “What did you get for Christmas?” just smile and say:
- Hope that gets brighter each day
- Joy that’s greater than any threat or circumstance
- Guidance for every step of the way!
I pray for you: May this be the best Christmas ever for you and yours, in Jesus’ Name. May you serve Him more, love Him more, draw much closer to Him in 2020 and the year 2020 will be your year of the Great Turnaround, in Jesus’ mighty Name!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Pastor James & Pastor (Mrs.) Manita Fadel