This month, God is saying in spite of what you hear or what is going on – He is saying “prepare for joy”. Talking about Joy of the Lord, Joy in the Lord, joy that abideth forever more. God has heard your supplication from January to June and now, it’s God’s time to move on your behalf; so put on your dancing shoes, God is about to have an appointment with those who are mourning in Zion, to give them, “…beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that He might be glorified” (Isa. 61:3).
World News: “Breaking News of Sorrow”
The news reports which we read and view on TV most times rarely bring joy. What we hear and view are news of murder, crime, recession, drop in profits, layoffs, job cuts. Breaking news is always about the terrorists and jihadists conquering and butchering their way across Iraq and Syria. Planes falling out of the sky on a weekly basis. Civilians being killed in massive numbers in the Israel-Gaza conflict. People dying of sickness and poverty; in short, it’s like the world is falling apart!
Fact or Truth: Preliminary Analysis
The world’s news is full of sorrow – facts.
Conversely, the gospel news is full of joy – truth.
What drives your life, facts or truth? A review of the following passages communicates the counsel of the LORD concerning those who diligently seek Him:
Psalms 37:25, Psalms 34:10, 17, 19, Psalms 27:1-3, and Psalms 23.
- Jesus Is the Source of Joy. Psalms 30:5; Luke 2:10-11; Matthew 2:10; Psalms 16:11; 1 Peter 1:8
- The question is, “Can joy come in the midst of a recession?” The answer is, of course, a resounding YES!
Why Is Jesus Able to Give Joy in A Recession?
- He is the Almighty – Exodus 15:3; Psalms 24:7-10, Psalms 91:1; Jeremiah 32:27, Jeremiah 32:17
- He is the sure Help – Psalms 60:11, Psalms 124:8, Psalms 121:1-2, Psalms 46:1, Psalms 124:2-3
- He is a Miracle Worker – Mark 5:34; John 5:8; Luke 7:13-14; Mark 5:41; John 11:43
- His Name is above all other names – John 4:10, John 6:35, John 10:11, John 10:7, John 8:12, John 1:4-5, John 11:25, John 14:6; Isaiah 9:6; Revelation 1:8; Philippians 2:9
- He is faithful – 1 Corinthians 10:13; Hebrews 10:23, Hebrews 11:11; Psalms 36:5; Lamentations 3:23; Numbers 23:19; Psalms 33:9
Biblical Sampling of Those Who Enjoyed Joy in A Recession
- Isaac – Genesis 26:12-14
- Israelites in Goshen experienced no hail while hail plagued all the rest of Egypt – Exodus 9:26
- Elijah fed by ravens during the famine – 1 Kings 17:1-6
- The Widow of Zarephath was fed by Elijah during the famine – 1 Kings 17:9-16
- Rahab the Harlot – Joshua 6:20-25
How did that happen? Are there things I need to do? There is a preparation for joy.
Preparing for Joy: Seven Guidelines
- Abstain from sin – 1 Thessalonians 5:22; 1 Thessalonians 4:3; 1 Peter 2:11
- Sign a deal with God – Joshua 2:12-14; 1 Samuel 1:11
- Key into God’s program – Joshua 2:9; Hebrews 10:36
- Remain/dwell in His Presence – Psalm 16:11; Psalm 91:1-3
- Have faith in God – Hebrews 11:31
- Ask until your joy is full – John 16:24; Joshua 14:12-14
- Be wise in your request – Joshua 2:12-13; Ecclesiastes 5:2
- Bless HIM: “I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. The Alpha and Omega – He is Worthy to be Praised – Just bless Him anyhow…
- Thank Him for the past 6 months, 4,224 hours, 253,440 minutes – God has shown himself faithful – He deserves all the Praises, honor and adoration. Psa. 34:1-3, ”I will bless the Lord at all times, His Praises shall continually be in my mouth…O magnify the Lord with me and let us exalt His name together”
- Father, fill my cup with provision. Let my cup run over in Jesus’ name.
- Father, in this month of Joy, give me victory over the battles of the mind that have come to miniaturize my potentials in Jesus’ name
- Father, in any case I have come under the attack of spiritual forces of darkness in heavenly places against my joy, let the blood of Jesus fight for me and bring me victory in Jesus’ name. Father, let the carpenters of heaven scatter and destroy them in Jesus’ name
- Father, keep me from straying out of Your Presence in Jesus’ name
- Thank you Lord for answered prayers – I receive full scale joy now in Jesus’ name!
Pastor (Dr.) James O. Fadel
Special Asst. to General Overseer & Chairman, RCCG North America