“Hast thou not known? Hast thou not heard that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? There is no searching of His understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might He increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall. But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.” Isaiah 40:28-31
Congratulations! God has done it again; He brought us safely into a new year – 2021! Happy New Year! Welcome to 2021, in which you will fly as the eagle, in Jesus’ Name! 2020 has come and gone with the pandemic, never to be seen or heard from again until at the judgement seat of Christ (Matthew 12:36). In this New Year, picture an eagle, in your mind, soaring magnificently in the air, high above the earth, above challenges, and above the storms – seemingly effortlessly, and with strength, perseverance, and grace. That is your portion in 2021, in Jesus’ mighty Name.
The eagle is a fascinating bird; known for its power and ability to fly at high altitudes in the sky, where no other bird can fly. As children, we were often told to soar like an eagle – aiming and flying high. If only it were that simple! The good news is that the command to fly high is only to eagles, not to pigeons, chickens, or bats. You are an eagle by redemption so you must fly high because your inherent potentials shall be maximized in 2021, in Jesus’ Name.
Characteristics of This Great Bird
As we fly high this year, there are some characteristics of the eagle we must display:
- An Eagle Has Unusual Strength: It is a strong and aggressive bird, weighing up to 14 lbs. (6.25 kg) and with a wingspan of up to 8.5 ft (2.59 m). This combination allows it to carry prey up to half its weight over short distances and fly with prey up to a third of its own size over greater distances. The lift power of the eagle’s wings are governed by aerodynamics which factors the weight of the eagle itself into how much weight the eagle can suspend. In addition, lift potential is increased with greater speed at the time of contact with the prey. On eagle’s wings, the believer has the entire strength of the Godhead to rely on. We need not rely on our own ability and we can do much more than in our own strength. “So he said to me, “This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the LORD Almighty” (Zechariah 4:6, NIV). Also, Daniel 11:32 (NKJV) says, “…but the people who know their God shall be strong and carry out great exploits.”
- An Eagle Moves Swiftly And Can Look Directly At The Sun In Flight: An eagle can fly vertically, skyward, facing the sun directly. Not many birds can accomplish this feat without going blind. The eagle is able to look directly at the sun because in addition to the upper and lower eye lids, it has a translucent membrane that closes horizontally over the eye. This horizontal membrane provides solar protection to the eye, amongst other things. All your pursuers will turn their back because they cannot face the Man of War, Jehovah El-Gibbor, the Rock and the Stone of Israel, the Sun of Righteousness. Every enemy of your destiny shall go blind, in Jesus’ Name. Every stubborn pursuer will turn back or be blinded. Read Psalms 121:1-8.
- An Eagle Does Not Cry When It Is Hungry: Other birds will begin to cry the moment they experience hunger pangs because food is denied or late. An eagle has great forbearance and perseverance. It may be facing many troubles, but nobody will know. It does not run around soliciting for help and sympathy. It knows how to hunt the landscape and to get its food. Its language is, “It is well!” just like the great woman in Shunem (2 Kings 4:23-26).
- An Eagle Can Ascend Up To 10,000 ft (Above Clouds, Rain And Storms): The believer who knows His God shall do exploits. When you are riding on eagle’s wings, you can rise in the spirit far above your enemies, your head raised (Psalms 3:3).
- An Eagle Flies Alone: If an eagle must keep company, it would be with fellow eagles that can fly as high and as fast. They have no business with bats, owls, chickens, or ostriches; most of the time, eagles fly alone. If you are on eagle’s wing, you will be selective of the company you keep, ensuring they are only people of the same burden, vision and passion. The chickens and ostriches cannot understand nor flow with them. Stand for purity, holiness, pleasing God; do not allow yourself to be detoured or compromised (1 Corinthians 15:58).
- An Eagle Masters Change Management: The mother eagle carefully prepares the nest for its eggs. When it is time for the eaglet to learn to fly, the mother begins to remove the comfort layers from the nest, exposing the pricks and sticks. She then throws the eaglets out of the nest. She does this repeatedly until the eaglet learns to fly. Out of fear, the eaglet jumps back in the nest, with each attempt, shrieking and bleeding from the pricks in the nest. The mother does not yield. To onlookers, this may seem heartless, but there is a method to the madness. The process is repeated until the eaglet eventually starts flapping its wings, getting stronger and stronger with each flap. Then, swoosh! Away it goes into the air, flying higher and higher. Rising above its challenges and pain. Romans 5:3-5 (NLT) says, “We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because He has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with His love.” James 1:12 (BSB) also says, “Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him.”
- An Eagle Sticks To Only One Partner Till Death: The eagle tests the level of commitment before engagement. Before entering a commitment, the female eagle tests her male suitors to establish level of commitment. A notable lesson is that it is wise to ascertain the commitment of people we intend to partner with. This is true in our personal as well as professional lives. Establishing trust is important in relationships. Male and female eagles who have partners stick to each other till death. “Married” eagles are neither “immoral nor adulterous.” Hebrews 13:4 (ESV) says, “Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.” To ensure we are able to achieve this peaceably, it is important that both potential partners pass the test of character outlined by 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, which describes the Godkind of love.
To fly in 2021, the seven things you must do are:
- Be at the right terminal: To board a flight to the United States of America, you must be at the international airport and at the right terminal. Exodus 32:26 says, “Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, who is on the LORD’s side? let him come unto me. And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together unto him.” Christ’s Kingdom is the kingdom of highflyers.
- Obtain a boarding pass: To get the boarding pass, you must pay the price. Nobody will fly who has not paid the price. There is a price for soaring, a price to fly, or else you remain at ground level. The question for you is, “What price are you willing to pay today?” The price you pay determines what class you’ll fly in – Economy, Economy Plus, Business, or 1st class.
- Pass the screening test: You must lay aside every item listed in the word of God as forbidden if you must catch a flight to greatness. Guns, knives, grenades, that is, anger and bitterness, cannot fly with you. Hebrews 12:1 says, “Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.”
- Start from where you are: The airplane at the airport needs to generate enough momentum from where it is on the runway. To do that, it must overcome friction and conquer gravity to take off into the air. This means you have to start from where you are. No aircraft starts from the sky, they all start from the ground.
- Endure the storms and bad weather: There is no easy road to success. If you are not ready for the rough weather, you are not set for greatness. Watch out for the Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) summarized by the three S’s – Self (glory, gimmicks, gluttony); Silver (gold or other precious metals/stones or money); and Sex (girls, that is, premarital or extramarital sexual relations). When the weather gets rough, your attitude should be one of endurance and steadfastness. Only your consecration and dedication to God and His values guarantees your flight beyond the skies.
- Enjoy the ride (be at peace): Many flyers have no choice but to fly to their destination, even when they cannot enjoy the ride due to a fear of crash landing. In every little turbulence the airplane encounters, they cringe, scream and shout, “Jesus!” You must understand that Jesus is the pilot of the airplane, if you are on eagle’s wings. In which case, you will land safely. So, enjoy the ride and be at peace.
- Honor and obey the pilot at all times: The pilot is a certified professional and knows that the lives of all passengers are in his hands, and he is committed to landing all safely. Therefore, the pilot’s instructions must be obeyed by all travelers. Every deliberate act of violation or disobedience may be treated as an act of terrorism and may force an emergency landing.
In conclusion, John 21 is an interesting chapter for Apostle Peter, a designated highflyer. With all the events of Jesus’ death, and not believing the scripture, he doubted and decided to go back to fishing with over 70% of the disciples with him. Jesus had finished His work of redemption, He had shown Himself to the disciples, and spoken words of encouragement to His followers. He had instructed them to continue in the work with power and anointing, and that He was coming back again QED! However, John 21 happens because of just one man – Peter, which begs the point that Jesus does not bury his wounded soldiers. He heals, encourages, and empowers them. Then He sends them back out into the battle ground. Apostle Peter had been discouraged and disillusioned and had given up on His Master. It is possible that the same can be said about you in 2020. However, in 2021, you are coming back stronger, braver, and more anointed to impact the kingdom of God like no other time in history. Welcome to a high-flying year of 2021, in Jesus’ Name!
- Begin to thank God for your life, thank Him for 2020, thank Him for the new 2021, this month, this week and this day in your life and for everything He has done. Sing: “For this God is my God forever and ever, He will be my guide from now even unto the end; etc.”
- Blood of Jesus, cleanse me totally from every defilement of the spirit, soul, and body and from every pride, self-will, and stubbornness. I know fully well that empty barrels make the most noise. Please cleanse me of every sin that is yet to be forgiven me right now, in Jesus’ Name.
- The land that God has given to me is land flowing with milk and honey (Exodus 3:8). I go up to that land now and receive it by the power of the Holy Ghost and possess my possessions by fire, in Jesus’ mighty Name.
- Acts 16:25-26 says God sent an earthquake to deliver His children from every physical bondage and captivity. I decree a release of the earthquake of God set me free mentally, physically, and spiritually, in Jesus’ Name.
- Luke 11:21-22 says, “When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace: But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armor wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils.” Because Jesus lives in me, because of redemption, I take captive every captivity, in Jesus’ mighty Name.
- I receive anointing to take over the world for Christ, in Jesus’ mighty Name.
- Elisha was ready, so he sent Joash to strike the ground, he only did so three times. Elisha angrily commented that Joash could have striken the earth five or six times to gain permanent victory (2 Kings 13:14-19). I shout 7 Powerful Hallelujah’s to win all battles against me in 2021 in Jesus’ name
- In Matthew 4:3-4, the devil came against Jesus’ mind to cause Him to doubt His identity as the Son of God. Every thought in my life that questions the authority and power of God, and the Word of God in my life, die by fire, in the Name of Jesus. Every negative thought die by fire, in Jesus’ Name.
- Father, let the world see your greatness, power, glory and mighty acts in my life, in Jesus’ Name.
- Father, as the eagle beareth her young away from danger, deliver me from danger, enslavement and bondage.
- “Like an eagle that stirs up its nest, that hovers over its young, so the LORD spread out His wings and took him, He lifted him up on His pinions” – Deuteronomy 32:11 (NET Bible). Father, as the eagles soar upon the current of winds, let me overcome every restriction to my progress, in Jesus’ Name.
- Father, as the eagles overcome the power of storms, I overcome every storm on the path of my destiny by the mighty act of God, in Jesus’ Name.
- Father, as the eagles beareth her young ones and protects them in her nest from danger, I command divine protection and provision over my life, in Jesus’ Name.
- Father let me soar high like an eagle.
- Keep me Holy, pure and addicted to your Word and Holiness in Jesus name
- Thou eagle of my destiny arise.
- Thank You, O LORD, for answered prayers; I shall fly high in 2021!