“For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.” (Romans 8:18-19)
Welcome to last of the “ember” months – your long-awaited miracle of what to remember will happen before the midnight of this month, in Jesus’ mighty Name! You are a child of destiny; nothing happened in this year 2020, the Year of the Great Turnaround, that God has not purposed. I congratulate you and your family for if it had not been that the LORD was on our side (Psalm 124), COVID-19 would have prevailed. Satan, shame unto you, all power belongs to Jesus (Matthew 28:18). He has promised that He will never leave nor forsake us (Hebrews 13:5). Therefore, you will emerge, shine forth as stars, and your glory shall not be silenced.
THE EMERGENCE OF THE SONS OF GOD:
- It is like a caterpillar breaking through the cocoon to emerge as a glorious, beautiful butterfly. It overcomes the force holding it down for a glorious display of power and beauty.
STORY: There is a well-known story that has many different versions. The basic premise is the same – an eagle was mistaken for a chicken by a farmer.
- The story is told about the Eagle-Chicken: When the eagle was very small, he fell from the safety of his nest. A chicken farmer found the eagle, brought him to the farm, and raised him in a chicken coop among his many chickens.
- The eagle grew up doing what chickens do, living like a chicken, and believing he was a chicken, even though he was not a chicken.
- God created him to be an eagle. He had wings that could soar. He had talons that could hunt large prey. He had eyesight that could see for miles. But instead of being who he was created to be, he unwittingly chose to peck grain on the ground, live in a confined space and never venture more than a few yards from the chicken pen. He missed out on the life God had created him for.
The topic “Emergence of the Sons of God” brings this story to mind. The Eagle-Chicken made no manifestations of an Eagle but only that of a chicken; so are many sons of God. We shall therefore consider 3 outlines as we go deeper into this topic:
1st Outline – The Chicken Christian
2nd Outline – The Eagle Christian
3rd Outline – The Emergence of the Sons of God
Outline 1: The Chicken Christian
We shall look at a few characteristics of the “Chicken-Christian”.
- Enjoys Sin – Chickens have their heads down, their beaks are always busy in the rubbish or something else, searching for scraps. The chicken will eat dead things and inseparable filth. This is the life of a Chicken Christian – always found in uncleanliness, unrighteousness and iniquities, day after day.
- Lives in Bondage – If you look at the chicken, it is always working hard because it knows that the time is short. Very soon it will be dark, and it will be returned into the coop for the night. The Chicken Christian is no different. He will do four jobs to survive, staying out of church in the process, yet his bills are still not paid. He enjoys the cage rather than the liberty of faith to put his trust in God.
- Fears the Presence of God – The chicken will rather not fly to the mountains. Too lazy and conditioned to do so. A Chicken Christian will not approach Mount Zion where holiness is demanded because of his many sins. Consequently, he will not enjoy the deliverance available on Mount Zion nor possess his possessions (Obadiah 1:17).
- Does Not Consider Heaven Home – Chickens travel in groups and are earth-bound; so are Chicken Christians. They keep their eyes on the things of the world, never lifting up their heads to see Him Who is far above.
- Chickens Out of Divine Plan and Purpose – A fellow was going to church with forty dollars in his possession, twenty dollars in each pocket. His intention was to feed himself with the $20 in one pocket and give the other $20 as his offering at church. However, as he got down at the train station, somebody threatened to kill him with a knife, demanding for the money in his pocket. He handed the $20 in his right pocket to the thief, who promptly ran away. The man wondered to himself about his predicament while proceeding to the church. He concluded and said to the LORD, “Jesus, your offering has been stolen, as You know. The remaining money I have is for my feeding. I’m sure you understand.” That is the Chicken Christian, giving up on God’s plan and purpose in the face of trials.
- Has Brief Existence – Whereas an eagle can live for 70 years, chickens do not live long. They are almost always at the mercy of predators.
Outline 2: The Eagle Christian
To be an “Eagle Christian” means to be a partaker of the divine nature of God. Throughout the Bible, God likens Himself and His children to the eagle. He protects, feeds, and teaches His children as the eagle protects, feeds, and teaches its eaglets. This is why we should seek to know and understand the life of an eagle and the following portion of Scripture which reveal this truth: Exodus 19:4 You have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I bore you on eagles’ wings and brought you to Myself.
Now let’s examine a few features of the Eagle-Christian:
- Victorious and Overcoming Life – When a person becomes an “Eagle Saint/Christian,” it is one of the great mysteries of faith. He is no longer content to live with mediocrity but begins to act like Jesus, and lives a dynamic, victorious, and overcoming life. He becomes like an eagle who mounts up and rides on the air currents with hardly any effort (Isaiah 40:31). You are called to be an eagle, not a crow or a sparrow. You are made for the heavens.
- Strength and Authority – The Hebrew word for eagle “Nesher” means “to tear with the beak.” The eagle is the “King of the birds,” and an international symbol of strength, beauty, authority, and freedom. The eagle’s wings are 7.5 ft. in width. Their talons are four times greater in strength than that of a human hand. An adult eagle can weigh 4kg and yet carry an animal weighing 20kg.
- Hunger for the Word – From birth, eagles have unique innate and physical characteristics. They are born with their mouths open and their eyes looking into the sun. They have a tremendous hunger and constantly cry for food. The eaglets are fed sufficiently. The eaglets are well fed at regular intervals and they grow stronger. In the same manner, when we Christians are born again, we have a tremendous hunger for God’s Word.
- Eyes focused on God – Eagles are the only creatures that can look directly into the sun. They have two sets of eyelids. One is used for hunting while the other is used for flying directly towards the sun. When we, as eagle Christians fall into trials and temptations, we too must fly directly to the Son, Jesus Christ, Who is the Father of light and His light blinds the enemy!
- Cautious Eating Habits – They are very wise as to watch what they consume. Eagles cannot digest everything they eat. Things like hair and bones accumulate in the craw (i.e. the crop of the bird where food is stored), impairing their ability of free flight. Can you see a parallel? To be an Eagle Christian, we must check what goes in. It is best not to feed on things like pornography, slander, smutty jokes via mail or SMS, dirty scenes in movies and on TV. What enters you determines your strength. You are what you eat.
- Clear Vision – An eagle has a strong vision up to 3 kilometers while flying in the sky. It has two foveae, or centers of focus, which allows the bird to look forward and sideways simultaneously. You must hone-in your vision like a full-grown eagle. You must grasp the revelations that come from the Word of God for your life and your ministry. You must fine tune your ears to hear the voice of God, ascertain it and obey it. Have a vision and remain focused, no matter what the obstacle, and you will succeed. Proverbs 20:12 says, “The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the LORD made them both.”
- Total Commitment to God and Spouse – The eagle’s marriage vows are made 10 to 15 thousand feet in the air. This ceremony is done by locking talons together and turning head over heels with both eagles screaming with joy. Eagles are totally committed to their mates. Married eagles stick with each other till death. They are neither immoral nor adulterous. They will remain together for life, “In good times or bad, in sickness and in health,” till death do them part! What a difference this would make if the Church, the Bride of Christ, could make such a commitment as this to God and to their families!
- Understanding of Times and Seasons – The eagle is the only creature who understands wind currents; he stands on the rock and waits for the right wind to take off. He has cylindrical bones and therefore, just glides and the wind takes him forward. The Eagle Christian is one who has learnt to stand on the promises of God and who waits for the right anointing of the Holy Spirit to take off.
Outline 3: The Emergence of the Sons of God
Romans 8:19 says, “For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.” A son can still end up a servant; just as we saw in the story of the Eagle-Chicken. A son will not automatically experience the manifestation; there is a price to be paid. We have a scriptural proof for this: Galatians 4:1 says, “Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;” The heir is the son but because he has not grown beyond childhood or is still a babe, the Bible says he is not different from a servant. Although he has heavenly mansions prepared for him, he will still not enjoy the manifestation. A Son-Servant is like an Eagle-Chicken.
Galatians 4:2–5 gives us an indication of what will make the son to begin to emerge: “But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father. Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world: But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.”
We can identify from these verses the points that guarantee the emergence of the Sons of God.
- Submission to God and Authority – Submit yourself completely to the LORD. Do not be the kind who throws away one wife to go and get another. Do not keep saying, “Well, well, they are too strict in this Redeemed. I want to go to a place that is liberal.” That liberality is license to hell fire. It is a license to bondage – a bondage under tutors and governors (Galatians 4:2).
- Humbling Oneself – There is nothing that you have that you did not receive. It is God that gave it to you. Do not be proud about anything. Humble yourself before the LORD. 1 Peter 5:6, “Humble yourself…;” James 4:6, “God resists the proud…”
- Being Hungry and Thirsty for Spiritual Growth – You must self-assess continually with an eye for improvement, letting go of any and every thing that does not bring God glory or move your life forward in Christ. To be an Eagle Christian, you must hunger and thirst for spiritual growth.
- Discovering One’s True Identity – For as long as an eagle lives with chickens he will not fly high. A son who lives like a slave will remain in bondage.
- Enduring the Sufferings – Romans 8:18 says, “For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.” There will be no manifestation before the sufferings. It is the success from the sufferings that opens the gate for the manifestation.
- Praying Until Something Happens to One’s Spiritual Life – Do not leave your spiritual praying posture until you receive a visitation. You must pray without ceasing, when you are walking, sitting, and even laying in your bed. Pray for truth, mercy, favor, and most importantly, for the manifestation of the sons of God.
It will be a tragedy for an eagle to die a chicken and it will be a disaster for a son to die a servant. Let the Eagle Saints arise; let us wake up, Sons of God, and get ready to emerge.
- Thank You Father for Your faithfulness, because Your word says faithful is He that has promised (Hebrews 10:23).
- Thank You Father for all Your unfailing promises over my life.
- Father, You are the One that opened a door that no man can shut. This day, please, open unto me, perpetually, the doors of Your prosperity and financial breakthrough, in Jesus’ Name.
- Father, I will not exit with this year. I will cross over into the new year, in Jesus’ Name.
- Father destroy every force that would want to submerge me in the ocean of this year, in Jesus’ Name.
- Father, please rebuke e storms of my life today, in Jesus’ Name.
- Father, cripple in me every fear of not being able to make it into the new year, in Jesus’ Name.
- Ezekiel 21:27 says, “I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until He come Whose right it is; and I will give it Him.” Father overturn every siege and every agenda of the devil by fire; every Prince of Persia, every stronghold, etc., in Jesus’ Name.
- Father, I refuse for any member of my family to be swallowed up by this year, in Jesus’ Name.
- Father, as I cross over into the new year, let amazing testimonies usher me in, in Jesus’ Name.
- I prophesy that every step I take this year, every move that I make, every endeavor that I embark upon, the LORD shall be with me. Therefore, I cannot fail, I cannot fall, in Jesus’ Name.
- Father make the new year my “TIME TO FLY”, in Jesus’ Name.
- Let somebody shout Halleluyah!