“He sent a man before them, even Joseph, who was sold for a servant: Whose feet they hurt with fetters: he was laid in iron: Until the time that his word came: the word of the LORD tried him. The king sent and loosed him; even the ruler of the people, and let him go free. He made him lord of his house, and ruler of all his substance: To bind his princes at his pleasure; and teach his senators wisdom.”(Psalms 105:17-22)
Thank God for the month of Yadah. We shall not only praise God in July, but henceforth, it shall be a lifestyle (Psalms 34:1). Welcome to another new month that God has made. Indeed, we shall rejoice and be glad in it (Psalms 118:24) and say what God has said about us, our situation and our future, our church, our family, etc., in Jesus’ Name.
The topic this month is huge and can be approached from very many angles. However, I am persuaded to approach it this way: essentially in life, your battle moves in the direction of your tongue. Your tongue is the steering that determines ultimately where your battle will turn. Fundamentally, all battles of life are inspired and configured by words. They must also expire by words. All battles answer to the arrows of words – the Word of the living God.
Joseph’s battles in life were tough and turbulent. He was a victim of ingrained fundamental battles. He was supposed to be Jacob’s firstborn, but this fundamental battle negatively rearranged him as the 11th son. If Jacob had married Racheal originally according to his plan, Joseph would have been the 1st son. It was the reality of the battle in place that caused the manipulation that brought Leah into Jacob’s life so that Reuben came to take Joseph’s place as firstborn. Again, the battle went further to hinder Racheal from early childbearing. She was a victim of protracted delay in childbearing. The battle increased to make him suffer the loss of his mother in early childhood. The battle became more complicated as he became a victim of bitter hatred, destructive envy, and the rejection of his brethren. Everywhere he went or found himself in life, the spirit enforcing the battle monitored and remotely controlled discomfort and unpleasant experiences into his life.
However, Joseph resolved his life’s battles with words – God’s Word. He understood and employed the winning strategy of words in winning spiritual warfare’s; “until the time that HIS WORD came; the Word of the Lord tried him” (Psalms 105:18). Ultimately, he recovered the birthright of the firstborn (1 Chronicles 5:1-2). Even when the situation was unpleasant, Joseph kept declaring what God’s word had said about him. Eventually the word prevailed (Acts 19:20).
MANAGEMENT & UTILIZATION OF WORDS
Your skill in effective management and utilization of words is the key determinant of whether your battles will turn to solutions or remain a problem. There are 5 levels or types of words that determine the direction of one’s battles in life:
- Words of the Enemy: Exodus 15:9 – “The enemy said, I will pursue, I will overtake, I will divide the spoil; my lust shall be satisfied upon them; I will draw my sword, my hand shall destroy them.” The words of the enemy create, strengthen, promote, service and elongate battles. Battles move in the direction of the enemy’s words. The enemy is endlessly saying something. Battles also speak. Do you know the voice of battles? “This case is impossible”; “this matter cannot be resolved”; “this test shows that you can’t give birth”; “this lump in your body is cancerous”; etc. Read what Goliath said to David in 1 Samuel 17:43-44. The words of the enemy or battle create fear, discouragement, intimidation, hopelessness, sorrow and sadness. Every voice of the enemy and of battle over your life is silenced, in Jesus’ mighty Name.
- An Inner or Silent Word: Matthew 9:21 – “For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole.” Your thought pattern or process also directs the direction of your battle in life. “As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he” (Proverbs 23:7). What you think is what you believe. What you believe is what is performed for you (Luke 1:45). No matter how hard you pray in life, if what you are saying supports the battle against your prayers, you can’t win your life’s battles. Your thoughts eventually determine your destiny.
- Forceful or Violent Words: Matthew 11:12 – “And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.” This is the voice or language of spiritual warfare. This is the right or winning artillery to have in the battlefield of life. Spiritual warfare is not a wrestling contest with opposition forces; it is a contest of the exercise of authority. And in this contest, the rule of the game is command instructions (Job 38:12-13). Thus, to win your life’s battles, you must be able to command authoritatively, affirmatively, violently, forcefully to enforce the obedience and compliance of the opposing forces. When Jesus cursed the deceptive, barren fig tree, the bible says his disciples heard it (Mark 11:14). The forces of opposition need to hear you before they obey and submit to you. A closed mouth in the battlefield of life will produce a sealed, wounded, and ruined destiny.
- Your Confessions or Declarations: That is, your spoken words. Numbers 14:28 – “Say unto them, As truly as I live, saith the Lord, as ye have spoken in mine ears, so will I do to you:” What you constantly say also determines the direction of your battles in life. Words are spirits and they are creative. Words create their corresponding realities (1 Samuel 17:45-47). What comes out of your mouth consciously or unconsciously will determine the direction and destination of your battle (Mark 11:23).
- God’s Word: God’s word is Sovereign; it is the Ultimate of all words. Find out what God said; those are the right words, and they are very forceful. Job 6:25 – ”How forcible are right words! but what doth your arguing reprove?”, God’s words are contained in the open pages of the scriptures.
God’s word is in opposition to what the enemy is, or battles are, saying. Thus, when your thoughts and spoken words tally with what God said, you will undoubtedly win and triumph over the battles of your life.
GOD ACTS IN THE DIRECTION OF HIS WORD
Genesis 21:1-2 says, “And the Lord visited Sarah as He had said, and the Lord did unto Sarah as He had spoken. For Sarah conceived, and bare Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him.” God acts in the direction of His word. God will not act until he has first spoken. All through the Bible, God never acted without first speaking. God made man (His act) in Genesis 1:27, but He spoke it (His Word) prior in Genesis 1:26. God called Samuel to tell him what he wanted to do to the house of Eli (1 Samuel 3:11-14) before judgment came to Eli’s home in 1 Samuel 4:10-21. The story is the same all through history. Therefore, every verse in God’s word is pregnant or loaded with His acts. There is no Word of God that is devoid of power. The trigger that releases the impactful load of God’s word in explosive manifestations is your tongue.
MAN’S GREAT RESPONSIBILITY
Man’s great responsibility in spiritual warfare, then, is to give expression to God’s word in fighting life’s battles. That was the case with Joseph in Psalms 105:19. The word of God he had caught in a vision in Genesis 37:5-11 exploded for manifestation in Psalms 105:20-22. When our words tally with God’s word in declarations and pronouncements, the results are irresistible, unstoppable and without equal. In the same token, every man’s deliverance, breakthrough, destiny realization and fulfillment are also in the direction of “and God said,” that is, His Word. You must say what He said first, before you see it. The moment God’s word has been released via your tongue, God Himself will hasten it for performance or execution (Jeremiah 1:12).
A man that is loaded with God’s word and is skilled in releasing it for warfare remains an unconquerable conqueror in life’s battles (Jeremiah 1:18-19). Our responsibility this month is to locate what God has said about our situation and release the trigger of our tongue with “and God said” for their manifestation. Thereby, we ensure our dominion, triumph and conquest in our life’s battles. This is our season of The Word works wonders!!!
- Begin to thank God for today, thank Him for accepting our praises in the month of July. Thank Him for His goodness and His wonderful works to the children of men (Psalms 107:8). Thank Him because the right hand of the Lord that doeth valiantly will rest upon our lives from now, in Jesus’ Name.
- I Praise thee, O Lord. I am a masterpiece, a champion, a winner designed to make impact. I am the head and not the tail (Deuteronomy 28:13).
- Begin to plead the Blood of Jesus upon your life to cleanse and redeem you from all errors, mistakes and shortcomings.
- Oh, thou my destiny, enter into your season of no limit, no boundary, no barrier as from today, in Jesus’ Name.
- As it is written in 1 Peter 2:24, I decree that by Your stripes, I am healed, in Jesus’ Name.
- (Place your hand on your head and call your name three times) I declare and decree by the power in the name of Jesus, I will never be submerged or be in obscurity again. I will emerge now, in the mighty Name of Jesus.
- Thou lifter of the head, my head is available, lift me up never to come down again in Jesus’ Name.
- O God of Jabez, it is my turn, enlarge my territory, in Jesus’ Name.
- This year, I declare that my set time of favor has come, in the mighty Name of Jesus.
- Father, my destiny is available! Make me a fisher of men, a winner of souls, a helper of the helpless, and a deliverer of captives, in Jesus’ mighty Name.
- By the grace of God, I will never be small or little in life, in Jesus’ Name.
- Father, waste every waster assigned against my destiny, and send the captors of my star to perpetual captivity, in Jesus’ Name.
- Thank you, Father, for liberating and lifting me! Blessed be Your name forever and ever! Amen!
- Pray in tongues for several minutes and give God a loud praise. Sow your seed of deliverance.