“So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him… and cut off his head therewith…” (1 Samuel 17:50-51)
I greet you in the mighty Name of Jesus. Last month, the LORD taught us how to proficiently pray prophetic prayers. As we bask in the glory of answered prophetic prayers, the LORD is giving us another dimension of ‘The Great Turnaround’ we shall be experiencing this year, in Jesus’ Name.
In 1 Samuel 17, we see the epic battle between David and Goliath. For the past 70 days or so, Goliath (aka COVID-19) has been talking, boasting, making nations, governments and communities to shake and cower in fear and panic. He has shut down almost all Fortune 500 companies, silenced the most powerful nations in the world – causing the alleged superpowers to run for shelter. From China to Australia, Europe, Africa, the rest of Asia as well as the Americas, he has been flexing his muscles and taunting. “And the Philistine said, I defy the armies of Israel this day; give me a man, that we may fight together. When Saul and all Israel heard those words of the Philistine, they were dismayed, and greatly afraid” (1 Samuel 17:10-11). David showed up and spoke. The word that David spoke by inspiration took hold of Goliath and terminated his covenants with Dagon and the god of the Philistines. That inspired word broke the power of Dagon, confused the Philistine army, empowered the army of Israel, and summoned the birds of the air and the beasts of the field to feast on the dead bodies of the Philistines. Please be assured that, as we read in the Bible, Goliath has fallen already. So, anything threatening the government, the world, the church and the family like Goliath shall fall, including corona virus, in Jesus’ Name.
Many of us are familiar with the story of David and Goliath as told in 1 Samuel 17 (please read the story again). Many have interpreted the historical story according to predefined representations and symbolizations. Many of us have preached and meditated on being Brother & Sister David of our generation and are in personal agreement with that assessment. With a slingshot, Goliath fell, and David declared the hero. However, this month, I want us to “think outside the box.” In this story, this month, contrary to popular opinion, assertions and symbolizations you and I are not David as we want others to believe. The new twist in the story of David and Goliath is that JESUS IS DAVID! He alone has conquered Goliath and has the power to conquer every Goliath of the corona virus pandemic, fear, anxiety, depression in our lives. Jesus is defending us from our giants throughout life. For this piece, you are not the David, you are not the savior from this corona virus, Jesus is the answer to the need of the hour. David (Jesus) is coming to the scene now. Jesus is about to silence Goliath permanently. The head of Goliath is about to be chopped off permanently. In other words, the key to living free from our giants is not a better slingshot accuracy or meditating and believing but in keeping our eyes on the ONE AND ONLY GIANT-SLAYER – JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH! Put your hope in him and watch Goliath fall.
Please understand this truth: Our giants have already been defeated by Jesus; and yet, they still have power to bring pain and destruction. They can still push us to hide under the covers all day long. But why is this if they’ve already been defeated? You must understand Satan has been defeated 2000 years ago at Calvary, however, he is still deadly. Compare the “dead but still deadly” giants to a dead snake. If you cut off the head of a venomous snake, the venom can still cause you harm. The snake may be dead, but its venom is still very much dangerous. This is a similar concept to that of Jesus’ defeat of Satan. This defeat is a “now-and-not-yet reality.” Death and sin have been overcome, but obviously there is still a whole lot of sin present in our world today. The victory over sin will be fully realized when Jesus comes again.
1. THE GIANT OF CORONA VIRUS MUST DIE: As many are fully aware, there is a very serious public health situation affecting various parts of the world in relation to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). More than 234,000 people have been diagnosed in about 175 countries/territories/areas worldwide with at least 9,840 deaths attributed to COVID-19. This is causing increased apprehension in the sectors of travel, business, and health care, in the scheduling of meetings/events, and in general daily life. The greatest solution to any crisis is to kill it from the root and the root of pestilence (Coronavirus, etc.) and other things like it is sin. True repentance and a heart-rending cry for God’s mercy is a sweet incense that turns away judgment and restores peace and life again to a backslidden generation (2 Chronicles 7:12-14).
2. THE GIANT OF INFERIOTITY COMPLEX MUST DIE (IDENTITY): We need to understand our relation to Christ by redemption and what we are made of in Christ. You need to know that you are a creature of power and authority. You carry the same divine materiality that God is made of (Genesis 2:7). You are unstoppable and irresistible in the journey of life. You are a king, reigning with Jesus on this earth (Romans 5:17).
3. THE GIANT OF FEAR MUST DIE: In times of crises, fear kills more and faster than the actual factors of the crisis. Fear paralyzes, intimidates, and binds you. You’re left crying and calling for the spirit of death; it drives God far from your mind. Depression and despondency take over and the symptoms become a giant that kills you.
a. A strategic enemy will first attack you with symptoms of fear. That is why Paul told Timothy, “God has not given you the spirit of fear but of power, love, and a sound mind” (2 Timothy 1:7). The children of Israel, seeing Pharaoh’s army coming behind and the Red Sea before them, cried out for death even before they died in the wilderness. Thankfully, Moses found Christ as his solution.
b. Elijah was a great prophet, but the fear of Jezebel’s threat drove him to depression, crying to die. If you take notice all through the Bible, the first words angels say to people is ‘Fear NOT.’ When Jairus was told not to bother waiting on Jesus, the first thing Jesus told him was ‘Fear not, only believe.’
c. Nothing kills fear more than faith and faith comes from hearing the Word of God, the words of Life. So as we face this crisis window of coronavirus, the faces and words of the President and health experts may offer hope and calm. However, the only things that still the soul, where deadly fear thrives, are words of faith and hope from Jesus.
d. In my opinion, the death toll in Italy is due mostly to fear rather than the COVID-19 itself. The death count in the U.S. is so low in comparison to the number of infected people now. But, as soon as fear is escalated, the presenting symptoms become killers to the infected. But if the people of God will inject faith and Godly hope, even the sick will recover better and quicker.
4. THE GIANT OF ANGER MUST FALL: We live in a world full of broken and sinful things. It’s easy to let ourselves get angry when there is so much hurting going on around us. However, living with anger building up within us is no way to live at all. Anger can easily make us tired and weary. To get beyond this giant, we need to let go, and take our eyes off of those who have wronged us. Instead, we must turn our eyes back to Jesus. This affirms that we believe what God did for us is greater than what anyone could do against us.
5. THE GIANT OF ADDICTION MUST DIE: Addiction is not just limited to alcohol and drugs. These days, people are addicted to money, to shopping (retail therapy, anyone?), to electronics, to social media, to food, to accomplishments, to pain, to approval, to people; the list goes on and on. Underneath our addictions is a bigger problem that is masked. To overcome addiction, we need to identify the cause. Once we’ve done this, we need to take it to Jesus, because He alone is able to help us overcome. Do you see a common theme in all of these? With Christ’s help, we can replace our unhealthy addiction(s) with one that is beneficial – an addiction to grace and to Jesus Christ.
6. WE MUST MAGNIFY JESUS: When David battled Goliath, he did it primarily for the purpose of God’s glory. As such, this should be our motivation for defeating our giants because God’s glory should be paramount in our lives. We aren’t doing it for ourselves.
I decree into your life that this month shall be your dominion, distinction and triumphant lifestyle from henceforth. You will neither fail nor fall again in life because every Goliath in your life, family, neighborhood, city and country will die by fire, in Jesus’ Name. “To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:” (Colossians 1:27). Goliath must fall!
[Join us for Operation “Goliath Must Fall” from April 1-3 for 72 hours of Prayer, Praise & Prophetic Proclamations with dry fasting. The conference line to use is +1 712 775 7035, code 434680#, starting midnight of March 31st (i.e. April 1)]
- Begin to thank God for today, this week, this month. Worship Him for He is a prayer answering God.
- Thank Him for lifting you above the challenges and confrontations of life.
- Thank Him for delivering your eyes from tears, your feet from falling and your soul from death. Thank Him also because the lines are falling unto you in pleasant places; you have a goodly heritage upon your life and destiny right now, in Jesus’ Name.
- Anointing that changes a man’s status, location, identity, overruling all the protocols of life falls upon you as from today, in Jesus’ Name.
- Your destiny will begin to command divine presence, divine backing and divine power as from today, in Jesus’ Name.
- Every power that is limiting your results, potentials, ability and greatness in life is roasted now by fire, in Jesus’ Name.
- The power that turns captivity, power that terminates shame and reproach, power for lifting in the place of demotion, power for prosperity in the place of poverty, power for celebration and jubilation falls upon you today, in Jesus’ Name.
- By the mystery of redemption, your destiny is free from the curse of the fall and the curse of the law from henceforth, in Jesus’ Name.
- I plead the blood of Jesus upon your destiny to annul and revoke every standing curse that is hanging upon your life and destiny right now, in Jesus’ Name.
- I decree that all the diseases of Egypt (coronavirus, flu, hepatitis etc.) will not come near me and my loved ones, in Jesus’ mighty Name.
- Receive the implantation of the very nature and life of God within you from now on, in Jesus’ Name.
- Every power of the coronavirus making our elders to be shut in, children to be out of school, businesses and churches to be shut down, populace to live in fear, be consumed by fire now, in Jesus’ Name!
- I cover my city and nation with the blood of Jesus, and I declare that I am immune against coronavirus, in Jesus’ mighty Name. I receive divine immunity against sicknesses and diseases, in Jesus mighty Name!
- Let every oppression of the devil (coronavirus) in our city and nation backfire, in Jesus’ mighty Name.
- My body is the temple of God, therefore, let my body reject every evil deposit right now, in the mighty Name of Jesus.
- Father let your WORD be my medicine throughout this year and beyond, in Jesus’ mighty Name.
- By my covenant right of clean health, I receive the power never to fall ill this year and beyond, in Jesus’ mighty Name.
- I receive power to trample over every sickness and disease; they shall by no means come near me and my household, in Jesus’ mighty Name.
- Healing is the children’s bread; therefore, I receive and eat the bread of healing regularly as my divine food, in Jesus’ mighty Name.
- I command every plant (coronavirus) which my Heavenly Father did not plant in my body, city and nation, be uprooted now, in Jesus’ mighty Name.
- Every demon afflicting the economy of my family, city and nation with diseases be consumed by fire, in Jesus’ mighty Name.
- In the name of Jesus, I break every curse of plague, sickness and infirmity off my body, in Jesus’ mighty Name.
- I am in Christ, I am a new creature, therefore, I am no longer a candidate for sicknesses and diseases (coronavirus), in Jesus’ mighty Name.
- The COVID-19 arrow of infirmity fired into the world, I am not your candidate, backfire now, in Jesus’ mighty Name.
- I come against you wicked spirit of coronavirus attacking human beings, I bind you and cast you out of my city and nation, in Jesus’ mighty Name.
Let the power of resurrection overshadow me right now, in Jesus’ mighty
Hymn: Take the Name of Jesus With You
1. Take the name of Jesus with you,
Child of sorrow and of woe;
It will joy and comfort give you,
Take it then where’er you go.
Chorus: Precious name! Oh, how sweet!
Hope of earth and joy of heav’n;
Precious name! Oh, how sweet!
Hope of earth and joy of heav’n.
2. Take the name of Jesus ever,
As a shield from every snare.
If temptations round you gather,
Breathe that holy name in prayer.
3. Oh, the precious name of Jesus,
How it thrills our souls with joy;
All the favor of the Father
In this name we may enjoy.
4. At the name of Jesus bowing,
Falling prostrate at His feet,
Claim His vict’ry over evil
And the enemy defeat.