We are at war and every child of the King has been recruited to fight in God’s army. There is nothing we can do to escape it. We are not only born into God’s army when we each gave our lives to Jesus, we were born [again] for enlistment in it. There is no demilitarized zone, every area of endeavor is covered in this battle – no one can wish or pray it away. It extends from the spiritual realm to the realm of the mind and into the physical realm. Every issue of life is covered: health, family, finance, ministry, career, and more. Everything and everywhere is a battleground. Therefore, “Thy Kingdom come” implies:
"Thy" - God's will, not mine.
"Kingdom" - rule of a King! Place of ruling! Establishing sovereignty on earth!
"Come" - to become, to come to pass, to be done, to happen!
The good news is that we are not fighting for victory, rather we are fighting in victory (Philippians 2:9-11).
There is the supernatural world that is headed by God and His Kingdom personnel (Hebrews 12:22-24). There is also the supernatural world headed by Satan and his cohorts (Ephesians 6:12). Every man on earth is a member or citizen of either of these two worlds or kingdoms. Any agreement, transaction or covenant that is entered by or on behalf of any man with any of the two kingdoms brings the man under the laws, principles, and operations of that kingdom. God’s program involves the rule of righteousness.
A. Thy Kingdom come" is a cry for God to advance and expand that Kingdom in the hearts of people; converting the hearts of unbelievers and drawing people to a saving knowledge of Christ. It also means we are anticipating the day when that Kingdom literally comes, that is, when Jesus returns. It is a Kingdom that is both present and is to come; it is here and now, and will one day come in fullness. So, our prayer this month is “Thy Kingdom Come!”
B. "Thy Kingdom come" is an evangelistic prayer. It is a call for God to increase His Kingdom on earth. We are a part of the answer to this prayer of ours. We have a role in bringing God’s Kingdom to completeness. We need to pray for revival. God will answer this prayer through us by bringing people into His Kingdom as we share the Good News that Jesus saves. Many years ago, New England was the scene of the Great Awakening, a time of tremendously effectual evangelism as the Holy Spirit moved through the land with great power.
C. "Thy Kingdom come" is a protest prayer. We are opposing every worldview that is contrary to God. Prayer is political action and social energy. David Wells, of Gordon-Conwell Seminary, calls this kind of prayer a "refusal to accept as normal what is pervasively abnormal (same sex bathrooms, breast feeding inside church sanctuary, prayer out of schools, divorce among pastors, abortions, lying is now alternate truth, abortion is now human right, etc. This cannot continue on our watch" Why don’t we pray more? God wants us to process our strong feelings about life, society, community homes, etc. through prayer.
D. "Thy Kingdom come" is also a warfare prayer, a battle cry. How come everyone is not bowing before the hallowed Name of Jesus? Because there is another kingdom; the kingdom of darkness. People are enticed and enslaved by sin - this is the very essence of the human predicament. Our desire as Christians is for God to be honored and revered, lawful captives set free (Isaiah 49:24-25); but we realize that there is enemy opposition to God’s Kingdom. We are engaged in spiritual warfare as prayer warriors! Paul writes, "…our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the…powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms" (Ephesians 6:12). God’s wrath is certain and His Truth Is marching on! We will win, if we pray!
Conclusion: Whenever we pray, “Thy Kingdom Come,” we indicate our desire for the dominion of God and the success of the Gospel. We have a Kingdom worth praying for! One day, the forces of evil will be finally routed by the hosts of heaven. In the meantime, pray, "Thy Kingdom come."
Our hearts’ cry this month is for God’s Kingdom to come, we shall “fight the good fight of faith…” (1 Timothy 6:12).
• Saul fled from the battle field and his name went into oblivion. There is no medal for yesterday’s champion. You are as good as your last victory.
• Esau lost out on the battle of his destiny because he could not fight hunger.
• Samson could not fight against strange women and he fell flat on his face and started dancing for the enemy of God.
• Joseph on the other side fought against sexual sin and moved up the ladder of God’s purpose for his life.
It’s your turn, fight for your life, fight for the destiny of your marriage, fight for our youths in college campuses; the Islamic agenda must be frustrated. Jesus’ Kingdom must come, now!
• Let us begin to thank God for this day, week, month, and year. Thank Him for past victories and for the grace to approach the throne of mercy. Thank Him for Who He is, what He can do and for whatever He has ever done for you.
• Begin to plead the Blood of Jesus upon your life to redeem and cleanse you from every defilement of the spirit, soul and body in Jesus’ Name
• Matthew 16:19 says, “I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven and whatever you shall bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you shall loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven." Begin to scatter and terminate every conspiracy and confederacy against the church of the living God, against marriages, against our children, against the educational sector, etc. in Jesus’ Name
• John Piper prayed saying, “God, grant me what I need to make Your Name great in the world.” Pray it too! Every hand of the enemy stretched against men of God, against marriages, church, dry up in Jesus’ name (1 Kgs. 13:4)
• 1 Corinthians 4:20 says, "For the Kingdom of God does not consist in words, but in power." My Father, my Father, baptize me with Your fire! Let Your fire fall in my life, church, family, neighborhood today, O LORD! Empower me for victory, evangelism, prayer, etc.!
• Every hijacker and terrorist on assignment that is monitoring my church, my destiny in life, and the evangelistic efforts of our church, be consumed by fire!
• As from today, I prophesy that I shall experience revival, more souls shall be won into Jesus’ Kingdom. There will be more open doors in the universities for campus fellowships, and for a prosperous, productive and fulfilling destiny in Jesus’ Name!
Note: All RCCG churches in North America are to pray and conduct an anointing service for the children before they go back to school. The LORD will avert every evil programed for our children by the enemy in Jesus’ name!