Welcome to the last “ember” month of 2016; the Lord has been faithful in giving us something memorable to remember in 2016. The God of David and Solomon is even promising a great finishing for you this last month of the year!
Hear what He did for Solomon regarding God’s project and his personal project in 2 Chro. 7:11, “Solomon successfully accomplished all that came into his heart to make in the house of the LORD and in his own house.” That will be your story & testimony in December, 2016 in Jesus Mighty Name.
- Jn. 4:38 “I sent you to reap whereon ye bestowed no labor; other men labored, and ye are entered into their labors”
- Laboring and harvesting are two distinct things – not everyone who labors receives a commensurate harvest.
- Three categories of people in here: those who labor and never enter their harvest; those who labor and get some or all their harvest and those who access the harvest of others, irrespective of whether they labor for it or not.
- Psalm 65:11“Thou crownest the year with thy goodness; and thy paths drop fatness”
- The race of life is a marathon and not a sprint, it is a long distance race that requires courage and stamina. Similarly, our journey through the calendar year is also a marathon, not a sprint, a journey of 365 days, 52 weeks, 12 months, 8760 hrs. It is a big deal that you and I are alive today.
- Matt. 20:6-8 And about the eleventh hour he went out and found others standing idle, and said to them, ‘Why have you been standing here idle all day?’ They said to him, ‘Because no one hired us.’ He said to them, ‘You also go into the vineyard, and whatever is right you will receive. “So when evening had come, the owner of the vineyard said to his steward, ‘Call the laborers and give them their wages, beginning with the last to the first.”
- Result is not based on performance but GRACE! Activity does not equate to achievement.
4 Essential responsibilities for Successful accomplishments:
Looking at Apostle Paul (2 Tim. 4:6–8) and other good finishers, I have come to the conclusion that there are four fundamental actions we can take to help us finish well (add yours). They are:
- A daily time of focused personal communion with God:
Practicing the Presence of God is an excellent habit to cultivate. But the foundation of that has to be a time of focused personal communion with God, and it needs to be daily. “Demas, in love with this present world, has deserted me and gone to Thessalonica” (2 Tim. 4:10). Demas didn’t just wake up one day and make a 90-degree turn. That doesn’t happen. Demas drifted little by little toward the attractions of the world. And if you and I do not practice this daily focused time of communion with God, we will find ourselves also drifting in the wrong direction.
- A daily commitment to God as a living sacrifice:
A daily commitment to God as a living sacrifice. Rom.12:1: “I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.” As we daily reflect on the gospel and what God has done for us in Christ, this should lead us to present ourselves as daily, living sacrifices. Why? 1 Cr. 6:19–20, “You are not your own, for you were bought with a price…” For some it might mean reducing one’s standard of living in order to be able to give more to God’s kingdom work. For some, it means being willing to continually give our self to the ministry God has given us. It may also mean ‘not feeling sorry for myself’ and willfully telling God, I accept the challenges of ministry from you and thank you for the privilege of being in your ministry.
- A firm belief in the sovereignty and love of God:
“Life is difficult.” Most people would agree with that. If you’ve lived very long you’ll realize life is difficult, or at least it’s often difficult, and sometimes it’s even painful. And over time you will experience both difficulties and pain. So if you want to endure to the end, if you want to stand firm in the face of life’s difficulties and pain, then you must have a firm belief in the sovereignty and the love of God. You must not only believe that God is in control of every event in His universe and specifically, every event in your own life, but that God, in exercising that control, He does so from His infinite love for you. It’s possible that sometime in your life, things will totally fall apart and you will feel that you have nothing left. Let me tell you, there are two things that God will never take away: God will never take away the Gospel. And, second, God will never take away His promises
- Persevere in Prayer with Thanksgiving:
Therefore, dear soldier in the Lord’s army: We are to persevere by standing firm in the place of prayer. We move forward in thanksgiving. When Paul says, “I have finished the race” (2 Tim. 4:7), obviously he was talking about motion. And perseverance means to keep going in spite of obstacles. So when Paul says, “I have finished the race,” basically he was saying, “I have persevered in the place of prayer”. We must move forward in faith and begin to acknowledge Him in thanks-giving for what He has done, doing and still will do. We must be like Paul and say, “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. That’ll be your testimony this month in Jesus’ name.
Yes, they are the essentials, however, standing over all of them is the grace of God. The same apostle who said, “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith,” also said in another context, “But by the grace of God I am what I am” (1 Cor. 15:10). Paul attributed all of his endurance, all of his faithfulness, to the grace of God. And so as we look at our responsibility, keep in mind that we are enabled to fulfill that responsibility only by the grace of God.
May you and I be like the apostle Paul in Jesus’ name.
- My father, my father, thank you for your goodness unto me and my family from the beginning of the year till today. Thank you, because I know that my remaining days of this year shall be glorious, you will crown the year excellently for me. I will finish well, I will accomplish all that you’ve purposed for me in 2016 and beyond in Jesus name.
- My father, my father, I receive grace to run well in this last month of the year in Jesus name. One thing that I know and I know for sure, if we follow God strong enough, the things that we are following after are the ones that will begin to follow us. That is the place of right priorities (Matt. 6:33)
- My father, my father, let every goal that I have been pursuing since January be the ones pursuing me from today in the name of Jesus.
- My father, my father, any power or forces that do not want me to do well, will not prosper in my life in Jesus name. Jer. 22:30; “This is what the Lord says” “Let the record show that this man Jehoiachin was childless; He is a failure, for none of his children will succeed him on the throne of David to rule over Judah” shall be the portion of our enemies IJN.
- Col.2:14 “Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us…”
My father, my father, every evil hand writing working against my glory, against my breakthrough, against my success, you will not prosper, by the power in the blood of the lamb, I cancel them in the name of Jesus.
- Father, frustrate every plan to separate me from my harvest, and link me up with the unclaimed harvests of those who have gone ahead of me in my family and field of labor.
Thank you Lord for answered prayers…