Howdy…brothers and Sisters in Christ! I’m excited about God every day and hearing from Him gives me the assurance that I am still His. Our theme in August was “Commanding your Harvest.” In September it was “Greatness by Covenant” and this current month of October, our theme will be “Above and Beyond”. I think God is up to something for His obedient children. You will not miss out on this outpouring of the bounty from heaven in Jesus’ name!
A Eph. 3:20 (NKJV), “Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us”
Definition of terms: Above implies higher in rank, authority or power. To be in heaven on earth, to be overhead or upstairs. Beyond also implies to be superior, surpassing, beyond comprehension, etc.
In Ephesians 3, we read about the mysteries of the church; we are told that we would be the same body and partakers of His promise together in Christ who redeemed us. Paul ends his explanations, revelations and prayers with a doxology (praise and worship) in Ephesians 6. Paul is desperate for you and I to know something that we do not know about Him. See how Paul describes the character of God in his opening phrase of Ephesians 3:20, It is “now, unto Him….”
The “Now-ness” of God: God is always NOW! He asked Moses, “this shall thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you” (Exo. 3:14). He is the sameyesterday, today and forever (Heb. 13:8). He is always standing ready to perform His character and goodness. He is never depleted of His ability to perform. Make no mistake of who he is talking about. This is the capital “H” in Him. Talking about the Lord God Almighty, the Lord Mighty in Battle, El-Shaddai – this is the God who is above all gods, the Lord of all lords, King of all kings. He cannot be challenged. Expect more from Him this month.
The Able “bility” of God: He is able to do. God has inherent power (Dunamai) – He has inherent power in Himself to do what He wants, when He wants, how He wants and as long as He wants. He needs no permission from anyone. Able to answer all the prayers of all the 6.7 billion people on earth at the same time with precision and accuracy. He has in-exhaustible power, grace and mercy to answer all the prayers of what we ask or think, abundantly above all we could ask. Please don’t overlook “do.” God is not able to talk about it, not just able to think about it. He is able to do it. He is able to perform, complete, finish, uphold and defend what He has promised.
God’s intent is to grant your request. He does not need to get anyone’s permission to bless you. He does not need to check with anyone before downloading His grace upon your life. He is willing and able to do what you request of Him.
That Hidden Attitude (serve above and beyond):
There is a hidden attitude found in the scripture that I noticed in several other Bible accounts. This attitude impresses God – it moves God like our faith moves Him. It brings God to the edge of His seat when He sees His children behave in this way:
- Rebekah, the wife of Abraham’s son Isaac lived a beautiful life of service. She never dreamed how her serving heart would open the greatest doors of her life, but she discovered that serving opens doors of destiny. In Gen. 24:18-20: The well was deep (around 50 steps she would have to descend to the water) a camel drinks 25 gallons of water in one sitting. Ten camels make for 250 gallons. If she could carry 5 gallons, it would take her up to 50 trips. When the heart is willing, service is impelled and not compelled, agreeable, and not disagreeable, executing rather than excusing. She did the job well and finished what she started. Yes, her service was not convenient, no wonder she was blessed above and beyond! She became the great grandmother of our Lord Jesus Christ
- Solomon went above and beyond in his offering to God. 1 Chron. 1:6, “And Solomon went up there to the bronze altar before the LORD, which was at the tabernacle of meeting, and offered a thousand burnt offerings on it,” See what the God of above and beyond did: 2 Chron. 1:12,” wisdom and knowledge are granted to you; and I will give you riches and wealth and honor, such as none of the kings have had who were before you, nor shall any after you have the like”.
- Peter yielded his ship (Lk. 5:1-7): Why would Jesus need a mortal’s ship? Did the Great God have to ask a mere man for his ship? Wasn’t that moment a unique opportunity to display greatness as He stood mid-air above the waters to preach the mysteries of God? The better question this month is Do I have a ship He might need this month? Could that partnership be the key to ending the reproaches of a protracted night? Peter did the extraordinary service to get the above and beyond blessing of ship-sinking, net-breaking breakthrough. (Lk. 5:7). I pray for you this month that – May your many past pains never kill your sensitivity to other paining people, who are still where you are no more in Jesus’ name.
Listen, “nothing goes for nothing” – no service no blessing! I dare you this month to go above and beyond in your service, offering, prayers, worship and obedience and let’s see what the “Now” and “Able” God will do for you and yours, this month.
- I praise you O Lord. You are Jehovah-Jireh (The Great Provider). You are El-Shaddai (the All Sufficient God). The Greatest, the “Now” God. The only One who has the ability to perform, complete, finish, uphold and defend what He has promised. Receive our worship and praise, O Lord.
- Every agenda, programming and transactions of the enemy into my future, sin or iniquity in my life; blood of Jesus, annul and cancel it in Jesus’ name. Father forgive me all my sins and clothe me with new raiment in Jesus’ name
- Father, I receive the attitude of service to go above and beyond in my prayer life, worship life, giving, assisting people, serving God, etc. like Rebekah, Solomon and Peter this month in Jesus’ name.
- Father, I know there is good in the land. As from today, let the earth yield unto me its finest products in Jesus’ name. I will no longer eat leftover of the earth in Jesus’ name!
- Father, fill my cup with your abundance. Let my cup run over in Jesus’ name
SING: I give myself away, I give myself away, so You can use me/2ce. Here I am, Here I stand, Lord, my life is in your hands, Lord, I’m longing to see, Your desires revealed in me: by William McDowell.
Pastor (Dr.) James O. Fadel
Special Asst. to General Overseer & Chairman, RCCG North America