This month, by covenant, you shall be great in the name of Jesus. One of the keyword that unlocks the Bible is “Covenant”. The Bible is a story of covenants; covenant between God and human beings. A covenant is an agreement between two or more people promising to do certain things or fulfill certain obligations or promises under certain conditions and the course of action is bound. A covenant is usually between two unequal partners: a weak person and a strong person; a poor person and a rich person. In covenants, the power of the strong is made available to the weak and the weak transfers his weakness to the strong. A covenant is different from a contract, in a contract, if the either fails in its obligation, the other party is free from the contract, and it’s always bilateral and two equal parties.
A marriage is a covenant; the Last-will-testament is a covenant, God’s relationship with man is always based on a conditional or unconditional covenant. The bible is divided into two sections called: the old and New Testament (Covenant). Our God is a Covenant making God. God, the Almighty, All-Sufficient and All-knowing made a covenant with a weakling and fallible man. God has put himself on obligation with man. Our God is also a covenant keeping God.
The greatness of the Jewish race both past and present generation can be directly traced to the covenants God made with their ancestors. Each time they keep the covenant, blessings follow for them and their children and each time they break the covenants, they incur some punishments.
God made a covenant of greatness with Abraham, Isaac and Israel. The weaker ought to take on the name of the stronger, i.e. wife takes the last name of the husband. However, with God, the reverse is true – the stronger taking the name of the weaker. God is known as God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel.
In Gen. 15:18, the Bible says “on the same day, the Lord made a covenant with Abraham saying: “to your descendants I have given this land.” In Gen. 17: 1-9, God affirmed the covenant, stated the content of the covenant, the basis for its continuous enjoyment and how it shall become trans-generational: And Gen. 17:19 says, “…I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant and with his descendants after him”.
Now, when Abraham kept his side of the covenant, we see God blessing Abraham, Isaac his son and the descendants of Isaac according to His word.
In Gen. 22: 16-18, God made a covenant of greatness with Abraham and his descendants,”…because you have done this thing, and have not withheld your son, your only son, blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies. In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed my voice.”
The natural Jewish race from Abraham till the present generation began to enjoy the blessing of the covenant:
JEWISH STATISTICS (2009)
The Jews and their descendants have more intellectuals, millionaires and billionaires living in our generation than any other race or people group in the world per capita.
- Total Jewish population 13 – 14million or 0.2% of the world population as at 2009. Officially 5.4 million Jews live in Israel while 5.3 million live in the United States and the rest are scattered in other countries of the world
WORLD WEALTH & RICHES
- Though 0.2% of world population, the Jews and their descendants have produced; 25% or one fourth of Forbes 500 richest billionaires in the world as at 2009.
- 33% or one third of the world’s richest men.
JEWS IN THE UNITED STATES
- Though 1.7% of American population.
- Produced officially, 48% of American billionaires
JEWS IN RUSSIA
- Though 0.5% of the population (in the 1990s)
- Produced about 90% of the Russian financial oligarchs.
Source: “The Jewish Phenomenon: Seven Keys to the Enduring Wealth of a People” by Steven Silbiger & “Born to be Great” by OJ Kuye
With this very interesting statistics, there are four factors responsible for this greatness:
- Covenants connection: Gen. 17:18; Gal. 3:29
- Obedience to biblical injunction: Isa. 1:19, John 2:5
- Culture of hard work: Pro. 12:27. Rom. 12:11
- Persecution and suffering: Mk. 10:30, 1 Pet. 5:10
Since the Bible says that God is no respecter of person (Acts 10:34) neither does he show partiality (Gal.3:11), anyone that lives under the Abrahamic covenant covering and willing to apply these principles can benefit under the covenant of greatness and have benefited from it.
CHRIST – OUR COVENANT CONNECTION
Gal.3:29 says: “If you are in Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise (of greatness). By this Scripture, a born again child of God automatically comes under the Abrahamic covenant covering. So, it is not a coincidence that the rich people in our generation have Jewish background.
I have good news for someone this month. God is about to take you to the class of the greats in your generation because of your covenant connection to Abraham through our Lord Jesus Christ. Your story will be the next among the greats your generation will read in Jesus’ name.
- Father, I thank you for my covenant connection to Abraham through my acceptance of the Lord Jesus Christ as my Lord.
- Father, I thank you for preparing me and giving me the revelation of greatness.
- Father, I thank you that you are not a respecter of person neither do you take bribe or show partiality.
- Thank you for provoking me at this time to desire greatness using the accomplishments of great people in the past and present generation.
- I receive the divine ability to become great according to my desire and your plans for me in Jesus’ name.
- If you made Abraham, Isaac and Jacob great, you can make me great and I shall be great in Jesus name.
- You made Isaac great by his biological connection to Abraham, make my children great by their biological connection to me and covenant connection to Christ in Jesus’ name.
- I receive the grace for diligence that will elevate me to the status of the great in Jesus name.
- I prophesy in the name of Jesus that I shall be great, my children shall be great and their offspring shall be great as well in Jesus’ name. Amen
SING: Verily/5x the Lord said to me, I shall be great, I shall be lifted, it shall be well with me.