This month we want to praise the Lord, celebrate Him, eulogize Him, Honor Him, extol Him, and appreciate Him; the mighty God, awesome, powerful, all-loving, all-gracious, all-mighty God. The wonder-working God that does wonder. Exo. 15:11,” Who is like unto thee, O Lord, among the gods? Who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders” Just Praise Him for last year, this year, and many years to come. Praise Him forever!
Psa. 92:1,"It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O Most High"
There are many good things God expects from His children, i.e. Laugh more, dance more, date your wife more, win more souls, pray more, fast more etc., however, one more good thing you can do is to “Thank and Praise Him more!”
The question is why must I praise the Lord this month?
- Praising the Lord is a good thing. 1 Pet. 3:13,"And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good? " it is a good thing to Praise the Lord because it pleases the Lord.
- Praising the Lord gives you access to His Presence. Psa. 100:4,"Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. "
- By Praising God, we are doing for God what He cannot do for Himself. God wants His children to praise Him voluntarily, not by compulsion. Psa. 139:14, “...I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.” Psa. 67:3,5, “Let the people praise thee O Lord…let all the people Praise thee”
- Praising the Lord demonstrates an attitude of gratitude.
- Praising Him shows that we're not forgetful of all of His benefits, mercies, forgiveness, healings, victories, touch, anointing, etc. Psa. 103:1-5 “…Bless the Lord O my soul and forget not all his benefits.
- Praising the Lord helps conquer the pride of self- achievement. It shows if not for God, you'll be less than zero. Jam. 1:17,"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning."
- Praising the Lord shows the certainty of knowing that God is our source. Psa. 127:1,"Except the LORD build the house, they labor in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain"
- Praising the Lord shows that “our future is in His Hands” – He is doing something with your life now, He has done something in the past and will still do more by His Grace. 1 Thess. 5:18,” In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.”
- Anything you praise the Lord for, “you’ll never weep over it again” Jn. 11:35, “Jesus wept” however, in Jn. 11:41,” …Father I thank thee for thou hast heard me” after thanking and praising the Father, Lazarus came forth, vv. 43.
- Anything you praise God for, will forever be ‘whole’ Lk. 17:16-19,” …only one leper came back with a loud voice glorified God…thy faith has made thee whole”
How do I praise God throughout this month?
- Praise Him joyfully – Col. 1:11-14,” Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness…”
- Praise Him loudly – Lk. 17:15,” And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God”
- Dancingly – 2 Sam. 6:13-14,” … And David danced before the Lord with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod”
- Praise Him substantially – 2 Chron. 1:6-7” And Solomon went up thither to the brazen altar before the Lord, which was at the tabernacle of the congregation, and offered a thousand burnt offerings upon it….”
- Praise Him sacrificially – Psa. 107:22,” And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare his works with rejoicing”
- Praise Him over-flowingly – Col. 2:6-7 ” … Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving”
- Praise Him continually – Heb. 13:15,” By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.”
- I praise you O Lord because you are God and not a man. Num. 23:19
- I praise you O Lord for the salvation of my soul…that God has not given me up to a reprobate mind. Rom.1:28
- Thank you for the power to become…Jn. 1:12
- Thank you for making all grace bound toward me…always having all sufficiency in all things … 2 Cor. 9:18
- I praise you Lord because you’re working, shining and healing through me
- Thank you Lord for waking me up, speeding me up and moving me up, etc.
- Thank you Lord, no more losses, Hallelujah!
Now that you know why you should just praise the Lord, happy and blessed are you as you do so!
Pastor (Dr.) James O. Fadel
Special Asst. to the General Overseer & Chairman, RCCG North America
PS: Join us Friday, July 1, 2016 (at 5:42 am EST/CST/PST) on The Praying Army Line Ph. #: 1-712-775-7035; Access code: 434680# as we prophetically decree the new month opened. Expect a Miracle!