“Rise ye up, take your journey…behold, I have given into thine hand…his land: begin to possess it, and contend with him in battle.” (Deut. 2:24)
“…your [great enemy] the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist [the devil], steadfast in the faith…” (1 Pet. 5:8-9)
Life is truly a battlefield! A very fierce battle is raging over your soul, whether you are aware of the battle or not. As an individual, your desire to get involved in the battle, or a lack thereof, is irrelevant; the battle is on! (Rev. 12:12) Equally poignant is that your ignorance of or indifference to this raging battle simply makes you easy prey and a guaranteed victim in the battle. Every occurrence in this physical realm of the earth has a remote control; there are no happenstances. The unpalatable mysteries and inexplicable experiences that you pass through on a regular basis testify to the ongoing battle. We must, in holiness, confront and contend with the enemy of our souls that we may take over these gates in battle, by praying strategically under the unction of the Holy Ghost.
The Bible acknowledges the reality of this lifelong warfare. It says, “…we do not wrestle against flesh and blood…” (Eph. 6:12), and therefore commands us to “…fight the good fight of faith…” (1 Tim. 6:12). The Bible advises us to “…endure hardship as a good soldier…” (2 Tim 2:3-4). We are reminded that the battle we are in is essentially spiritual in the portion which says, “For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal…” (2 Cor. 10:3-5). The battle is real. It is raging. It is decisive. Its outcome is what manifests as your daily experience.
Consequently, the “business as usual” mindset is no longer acceptable. Jesus’ mandate in Matt. 28:19-20, must be carried out with understanding, commitment, speed and strategy. We must possess the gate of our enemies as promised to Abraham in Gen. 22:17. Unlike Abraham’s time, however, these gates are not as perceptible or as clearly defined. Godly wisdom informs the realization that the enemy’s gates we are up against are: Government, Media, Education, Economy, Religion, Arts and Entertainment, and Family/Homestead. These are the gates we must capture because these are the mind-molders of the society and the enemy has set his battle in array ready for a fight with whosoever challenges his authority. For a while now, the church has ignored these gates or sectors of the society because we assumed they belonged to the devil.
God spoke extensively to Moses and Israel about the Promised Land he had planned for them. However, they had to overcome seven nations greater than them. Those physical nations had spiritual implications in the market place. The seven nations are: the Hittites, Girgashites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perrizzites, Hivites and the Jebusites (Deut. 7:1). Just as in the times of old, the Church is faced with seven of the enemy’s gates as previously detailed above. These seven gates must come under the control of the redeemed of the Lord (Deut. 7:21-23). We must declare what the Lord told Zerubbabel in Zech. 4:7,”Who art thou, O great mountain? Before Zerubabbel thou shalt become a plain…” We are going to pray strategically in pulling down the enemy’s gates and possessing the land.
These are the gates and the representation of each in the market place:
- The gate of Media (the Hittites): News outlets that create and report news of fear, terror, plagues, disease, war, etc. We need to capture this gate to control the media in every nation so we can spread the good news. Phil. 4:8; Isa. 52:7.
- The gate of Government & Politics (the Girghashites): This gate is the most strategic because it establishes laws and decrees that affect and control other gates. Examples are the LGBT agenda, legalization of abortion, etc. Isa. 14:12-16; Prov. 14:34-35, 29:2.
- The gate of Education (the Amorites): Humanism and godlessness are the philosophies of this gate (2 Tim. 3:1-5). The Church of Jesus Christ must step in to begin to teach and live out the undiluted truth of God’s Word. 2 Tim. 4:1-5; Prov. 22:6.
- The gate of Economy (the Canaanites): This is the gate of wealth or money and the systems of its production, distribution and consumption. Lk. 16:13; 1 Tim. 6:10. The word of God concerning His Church is recorded in 2 Chron. 2:20. God is still looking for the “Josephs”, “Elijahs” and the “Elishas” of our time.
- The gate of Religion (the Perizzites): It is the religious spirit assigned to steal the worship designated for God. It thrives on lies and carnality. This gate must be invaded by true, Spirit-filled worship (Jn. 4:21-24) and strategic prayers guided by diligent spiritual mapping.
- The gate of Arts & Entertainment (the Hivites): This gate includes the arts, music, sports, fashion, and entertainment in homes & movie theaters. Our God is the God of creativity, pleasure and joy (Psa. 16:11). Many Christian artists no longer associate with the church. Most have turned their backs on the mandate to use their talents to bring down the glory of God (2 Chron. 5:11-14).
- The gate of Family/Homestead (the Jebusites): The family unit is under serious assault by Satan (2 Tim. 3:1-4). The social ills that spring out of the rejection of Biblical injunctions include fear, depression, addictions, and violence. The good news is that God has the perfect remedy for the family since it is His brain child to begin with (Mal. 4:6; Obad. 1:17).
It has always been the will of God for His covenanted children to possess the gates of their enemies (Deut. 1:8). We need to rise up this month to possess the gates of media, economy, religion, government, education, arts & entertainment, and the family/homestead (Deut. 7:1-2, 16-23: Num. 14:6-9).
- Let us begin by thanking God for creating this day, week, month for our pleasures. Thank Him for helping you/us thus far in your journey with Him.
- Those building or repairing these gates of the enemy, your ministry is terminated in my life, family, church, community as from today, in Jesus’ name.
- Whatever the devil is holding unto as a legal right to keep me bound, Holy Ghost Fire, consume it now; Blood of Jesus, release me, in Jesus’ name.
- Every power that is defying, ignoring and challenging the giftings and grace of God upon my life be consumed now by fire in Jesus’ name.
- Every garment of oppression and affliction that I am wearing about, forced upon me in the spirit realm, tear now by fire, in Jesus’ Name.
- We take back all the territories the enemy has illegally stolen and mandate a sevenfold restoration (Prov. 6:31), in Jesus’ name.
- Begin to thank God for answered prayers.