“Please run now to meet her, and say to her, ‘Is it well with you? Is it well with your husband? Is it well with the child?’” And she answered, “It is well.” --- 2 Kings 4:26
We bless God for the month of January in which we began to swim in the present glory and towards the Glory ahead. We shall continue to swim in glory throughout 2019 and beyond, in Jesus’ Name. Yes, there is a glory that awaits you this year, but you must arise and wage war by praying repeatedly and aggressively (1 Thessalonians 5:17), so that your glory will continue to rise and shine. It is written in Zechariah 9:11-12, “As for thee also, by the blood of thy covenant I have sent forth thy prisoners out of the pit wherein is no water. Turn you to the strong hold, ye prisoners of hope: even today do I declare that I will render double unto thee.” I am here to announce to you that 2019, the year we are in right now, shall be your best year yet. This month of February shall be a milestone; a month of the demonstration of God’s power where everything will turn right-side up for you, in Jesus’ Name.
All will be well means that:
- God is here, ever present, and I can feel His Presence.
- No matter how hard the storm may vehemently hit my boat of life, I shall get to the other side. The knowledge that we are never alone calms the troubled sea of our lives and speaks peace to our souls.
- With faith, I will climb the bridge of grace to receive the expected end God has provided for me. At long last, I will sing a new song (Isaiah 42:9-10).
- The LORD is on my side, and like the three Hebrew boys, I will not fear, or despair of what man will do to me (Isaiah 41:10).
- I have an assurance from the Master (Isaiah 3:10). God said it, I believe it, and that settles it. My nerves can be calm because “all things work together for good to them that love God and are called according to His purpose” Romans 8:28.
- I am confessing that God’s Word will not return to Him void but will accomplish the purpose for which it was sent (Isaiah 55:11).
- While things seem good now, they will get even better as the LORD lifts you higher from “glory to glory” by His Spirit (2 Corinthians 3:18). Shame and failures will soon be forgotten; there will be no more dejected bowing of the head (Joel 2:26).
- God’s exchange program still works - ”To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that He might be glorified” Isaiah 61:3.
The story from 2 Kings 4 is about the miracle child spoken into existence by Elisha, the man of God, to the great woman in Shunem. The conception of the child was a miracle because his mother had passed menopause at the time. She had given up on fruitfulness; moreover, her husband was old. The good news is that both husband and wife agreed to show hospitality to the man of God (2 Kings 4:16); there is power in agreement, especially between husband and wife. The miracle child was born by the word of the man of God. As a man of God, I say to you that you will receive your healing, you will move from poverty to abundance, from crying to joy, from shame to fame, and from sorrow to gladness this month, in Jesus’ Name.
At the point where we pick up the story, the parents had invested quite a lot in the child. He was now grown enough to be in the fields during the day (2 Kings 4:18). However, one day, a contrary wind blew on the child and he died. The mother went to the suite provided for the man of God, and laid the child on the bed of the man of God. Then, she ran to the man of God, confessing and believing that God, the miracle worker, would do it again. She went everywhere confessing, “It is well!” May I ask you, “Is it well with your child, your wife, your husband, your ministry, etc.?” You ought to answer, “IT IS WELL!” I prophesy to you that your child will not die, your miracle will not die, neither will your wife or husband die, in Jesus’ Name.
THREE PRACTICAL LESSONS FROM THIS STORY:
1. EXPECTATION: In 2 Kings 4:8-9, this great woman of God perceived that Elisha was a great man of God that passed by her place regularly, and she constrained him to eat. Miracles constantly go by your house, your office, your church, etc. However, you have to recognize them to partake of the blessing. The Shunammite woman provided a habitation for Elisha.
- Exodus 15:2: The LORD wants to make you His habitation and He is asking that you open the door of your heart to let Him in (Revelation 3:20). If you build a chamber for Jesus in your heart, He will come in to stay. He will vanquish the works of darkness and the works of the flesh (2 Corinthians 6:16), and usher in holiness.
- Will you let Him in? When you allow Jesus into your heart, you’ll embrace healing, deliverance and fruitfulness. With Jesus in you, the miracle baby shall be delivered (Proverbs 23:18; Philippians 1:20). Expectation is the breeding ground for miracles!
- The Shunammite woman expressed what she believed. What are you expressing? The man of God recognized this woman from afar off (2 Kings 4:25). The Spirit of the living God will locate you no matter where you are – far or near. You will testify of His power and grace this month.
- The man of God inquired, “Is it well?” She was sorrowful but refused to confess sorrow. She was bereaved, but she refused to confess bereavement. She was suppressed but wouldn’t confess suppression. What is your confession? Is it well? The confession of your mouth can change the situation of your husband, wife, child, ministry and business.
- In Mark 5, we see the expression of faith weaponized against painful diseases, persistent demonic activity, and premature death. The woman with the issue of blood for 12 years confessed wholeness concerning her situation in Mark 5:28 and it was so. What is your confession? God has given Jesus a Name above all demons and power (Philippians 2:9-10). The Bible tells us that the mad man in the tombs of Gadarene had a legion of demons tormenting him night and day. Yet, he expressed his faith and asked to be delivered, and a single statement from Jesus put the demons to flight. Today, Jesus will make you whole. Jairus’ 12-year old daughter was raised back to life despite the fact that Jairus’ neighbors had already laughed him to scorn at the prospect of his daughter being resurrected. In Mark 5:36, Jesus told Jairus not to be afraid, but rather to only believe. I am saying to you today, only believe that your child, marriage, business, etc. is not dead. Jesus commanded life into the young girl and life returned to her. Premature death was cancelled. Every evil in your life is cancelled, in Jesus’ Name!
3. EXPLOITS: Powerful exploits do occur through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Kgs 4:32-33,”And when Elisha was come into the house, behold, the child was dead, and laid upon his bed. He went in therefore, and shut the door upon them twain, and prayed unto the Lord.” What are the keys to the miracle experienced after the confession of “it is well?” They are the following:
A. A Personal Decision: By the personal decision of the mother, the death of the child was only temporary. She confessed that the sickness & calamity were not final. It’s your personal decision to allow the Redeemer, Savior, and Master to live inside of you and have the final say. Make up your mind; it has nothing to do with what others think or what your neighbor says.
B. Purposeful Determination: ”And the mother of the child said, As the LORD liveth, and as thy soul liveth, I will not leave thee. And he arose and followed her” (2 Kings 4:30). The prophet had given his staff to his servant, Gehazi, to go lay it on the boy. However, the mother of the child refused a substitute, determined to wait until she could get personal attention by Elisha. Jesus only, Jesus ever, Jesus our all in all. You must be determined like Jacob who said, I will not let you go except you bless me (Genesis 32:26).
C. Prevailing Decree: Elisha decreed, and the child came back to life. As we pray and decree this month, in the place of prayer (Job 22:27-28), I see your breakthrough, your miracle baby, everything dead in your life coming back to life, I see signs and wonders. The word decree is a military term. An authoritative statement, not a proposal open to discussion. You must decree a quit notice to Satan, which he must obey when you declare it in the Name of Jesus, and doubt not (John 14:13-14; James 1:8).
I decree into your life that it is well with you – body, soul, and spirit. It is well with your children, your family, relatives, church and neighborhood, in the Name of our LORD Jesus Christ. Amen. What is your expectation? What are you expressing? Are you ready for exploits? What is your personal decision? Where is your determination? Now, let’s start to decree in the mighty Name of Jesus. Sing with me:
When peace like a river attendeth my way
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, You have taught me to say
It is well, it is well with my soul, etc.
- Father, I thank You because You are my Shepherd and I shall not want or lack any good thing in my life.
- I repent of having tried to work things out myself by the arm of flesh. I ask for Your forgiveness and mercy, in Jesus’ Name.
- Good health, profitable businesses, a Holy Spirit-filled life and church, and a fruitful marriage are all good things. Your Word says You will not withhold any good thing from those who walk uprightly (Psalm 84:11). I claim this promise for my life, in Jesus’ Name.
- I petition that Christ’s resurrection power falls upon my marital, physical, spiritual, ecclesiastical, and financial destinies now, in Jesus’ Name.
- Dear Lord, open my eyes to see any irritating or offensive behavior, bad attitude, nauseating character traits or disposition in me, and grant me the grace to deal effectively with them, in Jesus’ Name.
- Every power that has vowed to die instead of seeing my glory ahead, you are snared by your words. May your death be swift, in Jesus’ Name.
- I decree, like the Shunammite woman, that it is well (2 Kings 4:26) with my wife, my husband, my children, my family, my church, my city and my nation, in Jesus’ Name.
- Like Solomon, I shall enjoy rest; my life shall not be characterized by endless battles, in Jesus’ Name.
- Right now, I command my glory to be awakened, and to shine for all to see, in Jesus’ Name.
- I thank you, Father, for giving me victory over every unfinished battle of my family line, in Jesus’ Name.
- Every destiny project I embark upon this year shall witness successful completion, in the mighty Name of Jesus.
- Thank you, Father, that by your grace, I shall be singing songs of victory throughout this year and beyond, in Jesus’ Name.