”To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.” --- (Colossians 1:27)
Let me be the first to welcome you to a new year of glory, beauty, excellence and majesty, in Jesus’ Name. “You made it” into 2019. There is a lesser known word for ‘glory’ in Hebrew, and that is “hadar.” It signifies that which is beautiful, excellent and majestic. As far as the Scriptures are concerned, this new year of 2019 is incubated with God’s glory for a life of excellence, success and victory for you. Psalms 8:4-5 say, "What is man, that Thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that Thou visitest him? For Thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honor." Shout “GLORY” with me!
As stated in Colossians 1:27 above, if Christ is in you, glory is ahead for you! This portion of Scripture is a missile for the termination of losses, disappointments, delays, denials, shame and misfortunes of the past years in your life. Glories that have been diseased, tampered with, captured, and manipulated shall be freed, delivered, and celebrated this year, in Jesus’ Name. By His Word, you will get back all that Satan has stolen or taken away from your life, family, business, church, and ministry, in Jesus’ Name. As you enter into the new year of glory ahead, understand that ‘Glory Ahead’ is a manifesto. That manifesto has practical meaning for our daily lives, such as that it:
a. Prophesies divine repositioning (Psalms 3:3)
b. It’s a word of encouragement for strength in one’s spirit (2 Corinthians 4:17).
c. Promises protection from the seen and unseen (Isaiah 4:5).
d. Connotes victory in Jesus. It says that tomorrow will be better than today, with the promise of testimonies around the corner (Psalms 30:5).
e. Implies that while things seem good now, they can get even better as the LORD lifts up to higher levels of glory (2 Corinthians 3:18).
f. Means that, at long last, you will sing a new song (Isaiah 42:9-10).
g. Assures of no more shame, failures will be forgotten, and there will be no more dejected bowing of the head (Joel 2:26).
Israel’s journey through the wilderness from Egypt to the land flowing with milk and honey was glory-powered and -orchestrated for 40 years (Exodus 40:34-38). They were not allowed to be defeated or molested; they had been marked by ‘glory ahead.’ “Touch not mine anointed and do my prophets no harm” (Psalms 105:15). Because of the glory ahead that God promised them, we find the following true:
i. Balaam and Balak could not curse them (Numbers 23:11-12).
ii. The Red Sea could not hold them back (Exodus 14:21-22).
iii. Psalms 114:3-6 declare that the sight of glory ahead caused the Red Sea to flee before the Israelites, the River Jordan was also driven back, even mountains skipped before them like rams, and the little hills like lambs. Halleluyah to the Lamb of God!
iv. The Wall of Jericho crumbled before them, enemies (the Jebusites, Amorites, Hittites, Hivites etc.) became fetchers of wood and drawers of their water for them (Joshua 9:1-27).
v. Their Egyptian captors became captive, asking for prayers (Exodus 12:29-33; Psalms 105:38).
As you embark on the journey into 2019, similar to what He did for the Israelites, He will do for you and much more because of Jesus. But only if you hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD your God, and do all that He has commanded you (Deuteronomy 6:17-19). The Glory Ahead is promised only to those who are on the side of the LORD. Or as Romans 8:28 says, “…those who love God and are called according to His purpose.” We serve a God Who values personal relationship and believes in covenants. When the children of Israel surrendered themselves to God’s agenda, the Glory Ahead:
1. Gave Israelites God’s divine Presence & protection (Isaiah 4:5-6).
2. Was their GPS - Global Positioning System (Exodus 40:36-38).
3. Catered for their mortal bodies and gave them all that was required for living (Deuteronomy 29:5-6, 8:2, 8:4; Psalms 105:37-41). For forty years in the wilderness, no single Israelite was feeble or weak, their clothes appeared to have been laundered and renewed as they stayed under the glory cloud covering.
4. Distinguished them, and set them apart from all other nations on the face of the earth (Exodus 19:5-6; Deuteronomy 14:2).
5. Provided them with divine confidence and assurance (Numbers 23:21).
6. Conferred respect and honor on the nation of Israel. Every nation around them looked at them with awe and respect because they knew their God was “visibly present” in their midst (1 Samuel 4:6-8).
One of the missions of glory is to make a person shine in life. Our God is a specialist in liberating a victim from obscurity and catapulting him to fame. God is the expert Potter Who can remold and reshape any destiny for glorious fulfillment. His promises to you are luminously written in Isaiah 29:17-19, 62:1, 4 and Luke 13:16-17.
How To Sustain The Glory Ahead (1 Thessalonians 5:16-22)
Verse 16: Rejoice evermore – Philippians 4:4 says, "Rejoice in the Lord always: and again, I say, Rejoice." John 16:33 says, "These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."
Verse 17: Pray without ceasing - Luke 18:1 says, “And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint."
Verse 18: In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
Verse 19: Quench not the Spirit - Jude 1:20 says, "But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost."
Verse 20: Despise not prophesyings – Isaiah 3:10 says, "Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him and they shall eat the fruit of their doing." Jeremiah 29:11 says, "The plans I have for you are…to bring you to an expected end.”
Verse 21: Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
Verse 22: Abstain from all appearance of evil.
Sons and daughters of the Most High, because He has crowned you with glory and honor –the God-factor working in you, for you and around you-, all glories tampered with shall be restored and fully expressed. It is your year and your season, in Jesus’ Name.
There is a glory that awaits you this year, but you must arise and wage war by praying the following prayers repeatedly and aggressively. They are for your glory to arise and shine. It is written in Zechariah 9:11-12 that, “As for thee also, by the blood of thy covenant I have sent forth thy prisoners out of the pit wherein is no water. Turn you to the strong hold, ye prisoners of hope: even to day do I declare that I will render double unto thee.” Also, Proverbs 6:5 says, ”Deliver thyself as a roe from the hand of the hunter, and as a bird from the hand of the fowler.”
- Father, thank You for Your faithfulness. You are my Maker, Lover, my King and my Creator. Thank You because Your Word is forever settled and will never return void. Thank You!
- I hereby confess every sin, personal, generational or ancestral that has made anyone in my family tree, including myself, candidates of obscurity.
- I hereby receive a fresh baptism of the Holy Spirit into my spirit man, in the mighty Name of Jesus.
- Wake up, my glory! Begin to attract unlimited grace, favor, helpers, wealth transfer, honor, abundance, fresh anointing, peace, respect, breakthrough, success, testimonies, and new open doors of opportunities, in Jesus’ Name.
- I command my glory to reject the activities of glory hunters and sin, in Jesus’ Name.
- Every Satanic conspiracy against my glory, be nullified by the Blood of Jesus.
- Father, I pray that my glory begins to attract goodness, in Jesus’ Name. It shall not be captured by the devil, in Jesus’ Name.
- My glory shall not be manipulated and bewitched, in Jesus’ Name, because it rejects sin and every agent of the devil. My glory shall not be sick or diseased, in Jesus’ Name.
- My crown of glory will not be stolen, in Jesus’ Name. I command my glory to return to me, in Jesus’ Name.
- My glory is recovered and shall begin to shine from henceforth, in Jesus’ Name
- Fire of God, envelope my glory, in Jesus’ Name.
- This year, I shall arise from story to glory, from labor to favor, from shame to fame, from Mara to Naomi, from sorrow to joy, from pressure to pleasure, from trails to triumph, from tribulation to testimonies, and from problem to promotion, in Jesus’ Name!
- As a glory carrier, I decree from henceforth, that my full rights and entitlements be delivered to me, in Jesus’ Name.
- Father, thank You for Your answers to my prayers for the restoration and manifestation of my glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.